Genealogy

All Saints' Church is a historic Episcopal church, one of the thirty original Anglican parishes created in 1692 to encompass the Province of Maryland. In 1693 its first parish church, a log structure, was built on an acre of land called Kemp's Desire donated by Thomas Hillary. This log church was expanded in 1703-1704 and repaired at least 4 times before being replaced on top of the hill between MD routes 4, 262, and 2 by the present brick building.
With over 325 years of continuous use, our parish and campus are rich with history. Today’s churchyard consists of 5 acres, complete with modern labyrinth and extensive graveyard, the final resting place for ancestors of Calvert County’s oldest families. One of the oldest grave sites dates to before the Revolutionary War and reads:

Here lies the Body of JAMES POORE
Who Departed this Life the 12th
Day of January 1763
Aged 55 Years 1 Month
And 3 Days

Click here to research your genealogy at All Saints: https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/80701/all-saints-cemetery"

 

Related Information

Mission and Vision StatementWhat We BelieveAll Saints StaffVestry InfoWhat to ExpectMinistries and MissionsEpiscopal Church WomenCommunity PartnershipsTrail of SoulsAll Saints Sunday SchoolGenealogy